Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Drop Ya Sneakas!


If you take comfort and performance, factor in style, image, and the players that wore them, and rank the best basketball sneakers of all-time, you'd get (In descending order from 15 to 1):

15. NIKE Air Force One. Never owned a pair


14. Converse The Weapon. Got some Bird version hand-me-downs for a bit.

13. NIKE Delta Force. I sported the grey with black swoosh.




12. Nike Air Huarache. I think Nate Larson had a pair of these after he wore out his ENORMOUS NIKE Pump David Robinson's.


11. Nike Flight '89. There's a black suede retro pair of these in my closet now.
10. From Dominique to Dee Brown, these babies were one of three pair of shoes I had in the 6th grade.
9. Nike Dunk. Lowtops MAY be even better, but either are sick. I've rocked low and high in my Dunks.
8. Reebok Question. One of the most popular, long-selling, durable shoes on the court. I had this exact red hightop. Preferred playing dunkball in them.
7. Nike Air Flight 1995. Brian Beckstrand let me wear his pair in the 1996 Utah 3A State Championship game...which I watched from the bench. I looked GOOD.
6. Nike LeBron 1. Great grip and fit to this lean, light shoe. I went with the 100% white, just because.
5. Nike Air Penny. Anfernee Hardaway burned bright for two and a half years, but his shoe will live on. Great design. Very comfortable. Took Neil Blake's pair from his room for a week or two. He's got more than he needs...I thought to myself.
4. Nike Air Max (Barkley). Now we're getting serious. Had these when they first came out, in '93, and again in 2007. Love the build and shape. So tough, so Sir Charles!

3. Nike Air Jordan IV.  Hello lowtops. MJ introduced these as he began to play point guard, push the Bulls into Championship striking distance, and if I hadn't experienced a home break-in in December of 2007, I'd probably still have a retro pair on me.
2. Air Jordan XI. Biggest Air Jordan seller ever. Amazing look and feel. Worn by the man who lead his team to a record 72-10 season. So sleek, so high-class. Legendary.
1. Nike Air Jordan III. In 1988, Michael Jordan electrified the NBA and the basketball world, with style, flare, and dominance on the court, winning league MVP, Slam Dunk Champion, Defensive Player of the Year, Scoring Leader, and pushing the Bulls deep into the playoffs. The shoe itself is innovative and fairly simplistic, compared to other models. But this shoe is the PERFECT shape and curves JUST RIGHT. The elephant skin works so well, it almost gets me emotional everytime. Got a pair in my closet this day. Hands down, the greatest shoe ever made.


No comments:

Post a Comment